For the 2nd MATH-Inic Vedic Mathematics National Challenge, which is scheduled on April 24, 2022, and the 3rd Philippine National Vedic Mathematics Olympiad which will be held on June 5, 2022, we will award a Certificate of Participation as Coach to each Accredited VM coach.
It should be noted that last year, we did not issue such certificates because the average scores of the contestants are below 50% in the 1st MVMNC and below 60% in the 2nd PNVMO. Those results indicate that majority of the participants did not receive training in Vedic Math.
Even though we dominated the 1st International Vedic Mathematics Olympiad last year, very few scored over 80%.
We feel that our students have not fully enjoyed the advantages and benefits using the Vedic Math techniques not only in competitions but also in their Math and Science subjects. We really need their coaches to teach and train them in VM.
This year, with the help of our Area Facilitators, we will accredit VM coaches. There are two ways to qualify:
- Enroll and complete the Vedic Mathematics Teacher Course offered online by the Vedic Math Academy of UK. Of the less than eight hundred who have finished the course since it was first offered in 2011, about 20% are Filipinos. The next class will open this March.
- Gain a Level III (Foundation Level Distinction) Certification from the Institute for the Advancement of Vedic Mathematics (IAVM).
The IAVM has developed a 5-Level certification system to recognize one’s competency in VM. The IAVM administered the assessments to the participants of our Inspirational Maths from India 4 last December.
Fifty-two students and teachers have passed the Level I (foundation Level Novice) assessment and of those, twenty-three have gained the Level II (Foundation Level Proficient) certification.
The IAVM have scheduled the following assessments:
- Level I – March 20, 2022
- Level II – March 27, 2022
- Level III – April 3, 2022
Under the revised rules of the IAVM, passing the Level I Exam is not a requirement to take the Level II assessment. But only those who have received the Level II Certification can take the Level III exam.
There are several ways to prepare for the assessment:
- Self-study: there are plenty of review materials posted in our MATH-Inic FB pages such as MATH-Inic Philippines – Math Made Fun, Fast and Easy, Philippine National Vedic Math Olympiad, and 1st International Vedic Math Olympiad.
- Enroll in our IMI 4 Online Course: we have recorded all thirty-nine topics discussed in the Inspiration Maths from India 4 webinars last December and we are offering them as a “course” which can be viewed until the end of 2022. The webinar topics range from the basics to some advanced topics like Algebra and Trigonometry.
- Attend our review webinars which will start on March 8, 2022. These webinar series will discuss the solutions to the questions in the 1st MATH-Inic Vedic Mathematics National Challenge, the 2nd Philippine National Vedic Mathematics Olympiad, and the 1st International Vedic Mathematics Olympiad. See the full schedule of Vedic Math activities here: https://www.math-inic.com/blog/revised-schedule-of-vedic-math-activities-in-the-philippines/
Aside from the certificate every accredited coach will receive, the coaches of winning contestants will receive prizes worth up to P3,000. In addition, we will invite them to participate as mentor in a VM educational program which we will launch later this year.
You can send inquiries to Ike Prudente on Messenger or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Vedic Math computing!
Virgilio Y. Prudente
Founder, MATH-Inic Philippines
Honorary Life Member, IAVM